Thursday 10 June 2010

Amazing Girlfriend...

It was my birthday near the end of last week and my amazing girlfriend, obviously seeing how into Bonsai I've been getting of late, got me this tree...

Have no idea what exactly it is yet (will have to look through all the trees in the short pocket encyclopedia that I mentioned a few weeks back), but looking forward to finding out!
- Since this was written, the guys on ibonsaiclub.forumotion.com have helped a little :)

Podocarpus macrophyllus - sometimes called the Chinese yew, though it is not a yew.

Or...Buddhist pine, but it's not a pine.
Thanks Guys! (Jim and Bruce)

Really lucious green foliage, can't really see the colours in this light (late afternoon and/or flash) but it's a really vivid green with a tiny bit of a blue tinge (looks much bluer in the pics).




No comments:

Post a Comment