Sunday 23 May 2010

Now for some seeds...

I've just ordered some seeds (from seedsense on amazon), a nice variety of coniferous and deciduous trees. 

Think I will be taking my time in planting them out, some might even be saved for next year. I've arranged for some outdoor/indoor space where I can plant and grow these so hopefully will go decently.

From what I've read and heard, it's best to plant the seedlings out once they've developed some strong roots. I'd rather not have them growing in the relatively low quality soil in the area I have access to, but will definitely experiment somewhat. Will try different feeding schedules, different soil compositions, etc... Quite a few of the seeds are in 10 packs and I'll be ordering some more, hopefully will be able to provide some interesting insights.

No comments:

Post a Comment